Founded by parents in 1994, and remaining a parent driven non-profit organization today, Maven Lane, governed by the North Okanagan Child Care and Montessori Preschool Society (NOCCS), has built a strong reputation in the North Okanagan for quality child care. Currently we offer 4 infant-toddler programs, 5 three-five programs and 3 school age programs. NOCCS provides care for over 250 children in the North Okanagan.
In December 2014 we purchased West Vernon Elementary to be our permanent home. Since then, we have started many initiatives including
- Building renovations;
- Outside space and playground enhancement;
- Strategic Plan implementation;
- Rebranding and Marketing.
Moving forward, we are also looking to provide permanent space to other family/community service groups in our community.
You can be part of this amazing society and make a difference in our community! We are seeking prospective Board members to be part of our professional, exciting, and progressive Board of Directors.
Specific skillsets we are seeking are:
- Knowledge, experience or interest in the following:
- strategic planning
- community development
- building/property management
- human resources
- Interest in early learning education;
- Experience or interest in governance is beneficial
- Ability to commit up to 8 hours a month for meetings;
- Committed to improving the lives of children and families in the North Okanagan.
To request a Board application package, please email the Board Chair at BOD@mavenlane.org.
A Director position is not for you, but you still want to be involved and help our Society? We are always seeking Subcommittee positions and volunteers for special events. Feel free to contact our Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can help!